1. Paint your nails with your color over a base coat, if you like. Let dry.
2. Pour a bit of your second color onto the scrap paper.
3. Rip off a piece of the makeup sponge. It doesn't have to be a big piece.
4. Dip the sponge into the still-wet second color.
5. Starting about 3/4 down your nail lightly sponge the color on all the way to the tip. Let dry.
6. Now sponge half your nail with the color, all the way to the tip. Let dry.
7. Sponge the color onto your tips only. Let dry.
8.Slick on a top coat, if you wish.
9. Clean up with a Q-tip or thin paintbrush dipped in nail polish remover.