Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Clawed: Gilded

I'm trying out new nail art, so I thought why not drips?  It's meant to look like the gold is dripping onto my nail.  It's not the best, but I like it.
 I originally did drips on all my nails, but it was looking too messy.  Hence the pink around my nails. 
It's actually really easy to do, in theory anyway.  First, apply a color as your base.  Let dry.  Then, use a dotting tool to make two dots of another color.  While thats wet, use more polish to drag it up your nail.  Then, paint your tip with this color, and touch up with a dotting tool to make the edges rounded.  You can add a dot or two to suggest more dripping.  Top with a top coat.  And don't worry if you don't have a real dotting tool.  I used a flat-top pin stuck into an eraser of a pencil.  You can also use the tip of a bobby pin.  Enjoy!     

No comments:

Post a Comment