Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Clawed: Ikat



I love having long nails. But I have a problem. When I have bare nails, or even chipped polish, I chew my nails down so much it hurts. To keep my nails long, I keep my nails painted. And I like doing nail art. Simple designs, but nail art all the same. Since I'm doing my nails anyways, I decided I'll show them to the world! My first look:
IKAT!



I found a tutorial on how to do ikat nails through Fuck Yeah Nail Art. Google it; there is so much inspiration! I wanted to use these colors, not the coral and turquoise that the tutorial shows. For the base, I used Petal Power by Sally Hansen. It's a beautiful pinky nude. Then I dabbed a generic white in random sploches. When the white dried, I dabbed a marigold color, Spoiled's Designated Driver, over it to make the marigold brighter. The tutorial said to then use a black striper brush, but I used a black nail art pen instead. It works, I think. I put a top coat to seal it all in.


I like these nails. They're summery and fun. I like the colors too. It's such a nice break from all the heavy, dark nail polish looks from winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment